THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A SAFE TAN!
Sunburns lead to serious sun damage and they hurt!
- One blistering sunburn under the age of 20 doubles the risk of melanoma.
- More than three blistering sunburns increase your risk of getting melanoma by five times.
- The strongest sun rays are from 10 am
to 4 pm.
- As many as 90% of melanomas are estimated to be caused by UV exposure from the sun.
- There is a common misconception that a tan acts as the body’s response to injury against sunburn.
- Actually a tan reveals a body’s response to injury from UV radiation. Damaged skin tries to protect itself by sending signals to melanocytes to produce more melanin which is the pigment in your skin that makes it darker.
- 90 percent of wrinkles are caused by the sun.
- Ultraviolet radiation (UVR) is a proven carcinogen.
- EMBRACE THE SKIN YOUR IN! It’s cool not to have a tan!
- Sunburns occur when your skin cannot produce melanin fast enough to prevent UV rays from injuring the skin’s surface.
At MAP we call tanning beds "CANCER IN A BOX"
Spray tans/Tanning lotions