What is our goal?
Our goal is to spread the word about the risks of Melanoma, the cause, the prevention, the reality. We focus on educating local middle and high school students about early detection through self-screening, and the importance of practicing safe sun habits.
Melanoma is the most common form of cancer for young adults 15-29 years old. This makes educating middle and high school students about melanoma critical. Melanoma is 95% to 100% curable if it is detected early enough and treated.
William LAVINPresident & Founding Board Member
MAP's TOP GOALS
* To educate middle school and high school students about skin cancer and the early
detection of melanoma through self-screening.
* To educate students about safe sun habits and the dangers of the sun.
* To offer annual free skin cancer screening clinics to the community.
* To participate in local health fairs and other appropriate venues to promote melanoma awareness.
* To provide a fulfilling service project for young people to participate in and to help them learn important life skills.